View Single Post
Old April 9th 2012, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Hey Francelle, good to see your making progress on your motor.I agree with Richard on the lifters.Light lifters are an advantage,yes. If you insist on running the 356 lifters with turbo you will have to re-think some things.Titanium valves to reduce weight and therefore spring pressure.But how will it hold up in the long run? In your 103x88 (iirc) application you are forced to run a cam with a 1" or smaller base circle which makes the ramps steeper and harder on the valvetrain,more spring pressure is required to keep the lifter on the cam.That's one reason why I gave up on the 3 Liter turbo project and switched to a 2320cc 102x71.If I ever do decide on more power than the stock crank and rods can cope with I will just go with the same size crank but in billet from Moldex and Pauter rods.All of which is unlikely to happen...
Next question is: why do you want so much oil pressure? What do you expect to gain from it? I would concentrate more on cooling.60-70psi is plenty.
What main bearing size do you need? Std?
I choose the Mazda oil pressure regulator, set at 80psi. I'll have 8 quarts to run with, and oil squirters, one day I hope to find out like Walter did. If I can find a business willing to laser my lifters and be reasonable, I'll have them done. Oil on the lobes fave can't hurt, and hopefullly to the positive. One person said too much oil pressure will keep the engine hot. I want it by-passed only after it been through the oil cooler. My Jeep ran 70psi all the time, I liked it, the engine ran quite.

One of the problems with not knowing is, not really knowing. My new size is 104X88 due to my machinst bo-bo, so now have to order a new set of pistons(double damn).

And then I have my cylinders made from just word alone on the stud pattern, only to have them wrong, damn. I really like the wide fins, but again another hard choice for not knowing.

Can anyone in Germany get me a sec of Klaus lower tins (see)?