Thread: Why 944?
View Single Post
Old August 25th 2006, 03:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2
Mark, you have discovered their secret. There is no good reason why you need to use Porsche parts. Strength is not an issue since the CB parts will never break. Stock VW trailing arms will not bend.
The reason most guys waste their time with Porsche parts is so they can boast about their "exotic" Porsche parts.
Secret? No Good Reason? Waste Their Time?
This is an interesting post. I havn't seen anyone saying he needs Porsche brakes, just some advantages of Porsche brake. In the end, it's his desicion. It's like you're ignoring every advantage Porsche brakes have to offer. Porsche brakes have several clear advantages over the CB kit. Yet you're ignoring all of them. In the end, the prices are close enough to concider Porsche parts. Sure stock vw trailing arms won't bend, but maybe he wants aluminum trailing arms for the weight saving benifits, Or he wants the increase in track. I'm also lost why you think the ones that "waste their time" with Porsche brakes are only looking to boast about their "exotic" Porsche parts. I tell people about the brakes I'm using, but it is not the main stay of my entire project. I did concider a CB kit for my car, but after waiting a few months for their company to get the caliper tooling fixed. I asked for a refund. I'm sure it's fixed now.

Mark, like I said, in the end, it's your choice. I just feel you should be given the facts clearly and with out bias.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...

Last edited by Mikey; August 25th 2006 at 03:53.