View Single Post
Old September 1st 2005, 13:08

Watkins Glenn, just got back from audi event

Just got back from an Audi Club, driving event at Watkins Glenn...

Had a blast, and after much work and practice had an opportunity to fly the scooby solo..

Overall, had a blast... The scooby was very quick around the track, and got some attention.. Thank the lord no major incidents...

I ended up tapping all two days.. 6 runs total, so that I can see where I need to make major, and minor improvements.. also to see what my time around the circuit were as well as to see how I was doing from lap to lap..

Audi runs a really good session as part of NEQ.. at the glenn..

I dream of finishing my GL Vert and run it here.. the only thing that scares me is going from AWD, to Rear wheel drive... seen some incidents from people lifting in porsches, and it usually is not pretty... With the scooby, you slide/drift and just get on the gas, and the front start pulling.. much more forgiving..

Did not get a chance to take pics but hopefully I will be able to transfer some of runs to Mpeg..

Unfortunately, this is the last run of the season till next year.. I got lucky and my wife let me go, with under three weeks till she give birth.. lets say I was on a tight leash..

Any questions let me know.. alway enjoy sharing stories..
Alex
NNJ