View Single Post
Old April 17th 2006, 09:10

Oasis,

Thanks for the reply. I must apologise in advance if my message came across the wrong way. In no way did I want it to sound as if anyone gave me the wrong information. I have taken to heart what you said and the advice you gave. That is the main reason that I want to wait to get hold of the reg-document. It hurts me to think that the motor I will be putting my heart (and cash) into need to be considered as disposable. I know that there are facts in life, but I just find it EXTREMELY difficult to except.

So what I understand is this... There were a (red haired child of the) Type IV motor - aircooled, watercooled and diesel motors? The original tranny is unlikely to be still in the vehicle, as it was 'messed around with' once already before. So I can only assume that the tranny that were sold with it to me, is a normal Type I tranny. I hope that the motor I will be building, if it is this 1776cc, will cost me no more than €800-00.

I believe to try and keep the original value, by not cutting if it isnt really necesary. So yes, it kinda does matter to me (that is the main reason why I havent tried yet to stick a BIG motor into my '66 Fastback. It was bought as 6volt, but converted to 12volt. I hav ekept all the parts to convert back to stock if needed. :agree: )

Thanks again for the info, and dont stop giving it, as I dont plan stop listening anytime soon(there is just way too much to learn/things I dont know yet)