View Single Post
Old March 27th 2003, 13:54

My daily driver is the '68 "trash bug", the second ugliest bug in town. It gets down the freeway at 75mph ok but is much happier at 70mph. It was put together with parts from various bugs and the engine is of unknown size and mileage but runs ok, even better with the Mallory distrubutor that is going in my type 4 that is on the engine stand (still).

My wife drives the "race toaster", '96 plymouth voyager with turbo muffler, Eibach springs, 5 spoke alloy wheels and 225/60/15 tires, Ricer snorkel air intake. It will cruise at 90mph all day long (Montana is a BIG state) with that little mitsubishi 3.0l v6. I used to spin the tires at stop lights until I broke the auto trans!! It can easily scare the poser ricers!

I just picked up an '82 BMW 320is for my teenage daughter to drive. It's in my name but she will be driving it most of the time. Eibach springs, ported head, Msport 278 duration cam, stock CIS injection (I need to learn more about it so I can make more power), Battery moved to the trunk, front and rear strut braces, fabricated performace exhaust using a 2002tii exhaust manifold, merged collector, high flow cat and performace muffler. I would guess 135hp. It's a real kick to drive. My second daughter will take it over in a couple of years.

ken