View Single Post
Old August 11th 2008, 09:40

Cool! I knew you guys were lurking. I've been keeping you guys up to date so far. It's been about 100º out lately which has been making it hard for me to get out and continue body work. At the moment I've just been concentrating on getting the motor together since it doesn't involve as much physical work.

Only real update not posted is I've decide to trade the 283 for a 350 V8. The reason I made this decision is cause it's cheaper to build a 350, pistons for a 283 bored over .060 are rare these days which make pistons and rings expensive and hard to get a hold of (1 month back order), and the 350 will make for more power and torque.

I found a thread for a vortec 400 hp 350 std bore build, dyno proven, which I intend to duplicate cause I already have a majority of the parts. Basically it's a stock 350 block / bottom end (pistons, crank, connecting rods), vortec heads, an isky .450/.450 lift w/ a 278/278 duration cam, edelbrock perform rpm intake, 750 cfm carb, and 1 5/8' headers to 3" dual exhaust.

I'll post pics when I make the swap.