View Single Post
Old July 21st 2010, 14:39

Update

After a bunch of tuning I've found that my intercooler solution (I should have known) is not the greatest. Although it fits nice and looks impressive it can only handle about 11 psi with the current setup before temperatures go through the roof. I'm using a GM intake air temperature sensor and datalogging it. I've bought an air to water Spearco unit good for upto 500hp, but I don't want to stop driving the car right now so it will have to wait until next winter to get installed. I plan to put it in the luggage tray behind the rear seat so it will get no heat soak at all, then put a cooler spaced a couple inches in front of my rad up front. hopefully it will handle 300hp, which is all I'm after .

In other news:

I installed 150lb/in 10" QA1 springs in the front as well as bilstein dampers. My first regret is buying 10" springs instead of 12", I'm at the highest adjustment slot in these pics.

On the street I find the 150lb/in to be on the edge of being too harsh, keeping in mind that the streets around here are not smooth and there are giant potholes to dodge everywhere. If the roads were nice and smooth with the occassional bump I wouldn't hesitate going even stiffer. I just saw that QA1 has a 12" 100-200lbs variable rate spring which might be the perfect balance. Anyone wanna buy some 10" springs lol?

On the track it handled as expected, even more understeer than before. I found a set of 944s torsion bars and anti-roll bar that will be getting installed when I have time but for now I'm stuck with it pushing reaally bad in the corners. The only way I could steer is by doing all braking in a straight line and trying to use the brakes to compress the front right before the corner. I'm new to all this in cars so its been a learning experience.

After seeing the picture below I'm going to have to go and check that the front k-frame bolts are still there because it looks like the body is lifting off the frame. A couple guys mentioned that the front tire was getting 3-4" off the ground.

Comments welcome

Last edited by Eatoniashoprat; July 21st 2010 at 14:46.