View Single Post
Old December 4th 2007, 04:07

Oasis, im glad that the kamei front spoiler, works wonders. i had driven once a 1303 with a kamei and a whale tail spoiler running a 1.6 subaru engine with the rad in the whale tail ( made ita veeerryyy tail heavy). no real difference up to 60-70 Km/h, but after that it made a difference and it was feeling rock solid up to 160 km/h. I happen to ride shotgun in the same car without the spoiler (broken) and it was a nightmare going over 70 km/h

effvee, from my understanding, the louvred sheetmetal behind the slits under the rear window, is there to in some way relieve some turbulence from the air.
Ive seen it in another bug over here in Greece that runs in the hillclimb championship. To be honest i was against this practice, but it was done in a fashion to (hopefullly) aid more air in and save weight...If i get permission from the people on the project, i can post u some pics of the matter.

On the other hand i got some questions...

Deflecting as much air as possible from getting under the car. I ll go for that to some extent. but what this has to do with the beetle's little weight? what do u mean by extra consideration? as to if it is generated, or how much effect there is to be worthwhile investigating into it and modifying the pan?
IMO it will be profitable to use a venturi effect to aid downforce than use a huge wing.

Quote:
Now I don't know: confused: but dips, bumps and the like will cause the care to need to get ride of the extra air of the rebound

Are we still lurking under the car, or we stood up, cos of sore backs to discuss the over the car air??

Btw google for a guy named Luigi Colani. he is a great genious. an original designer/inventor. he does ridiculus things through aerodynamics. If u like books get his book from Thames& Hudson: Colani: Fifty Years of Desining the Future ( ISBN 0-500-34204-0). it is fascinating...

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL