View Single Post
Old August 16th 2002, 22:44

Well I started my aircooled career in 89 when I got my first bug.
I then entered the Neusser Käfer Klub at my home town.
I was the slowest with my 34hp engine and I told myself not for long. I got a 1776 with about 100hp which was a lot of fun.

After that I had a 1303...the GermanLook stuff just started with Porsche 944 brakes and Porsche Fuchs a couple of years before that. 944 Turbo brakes were only seen on the high end vert shockers. BTW...you can see pics of my 1303 Super in the General gallery. It is the blue one with the 6 spoke Carrera rims. This car was build in 91 and sold the same year because my enigne builder took of with the money and he was supposed to build me a 2.4 T4. When I came to Canada in 97 I got myself a New Beelte in 98. I modded it (suspension, rims, some Cf stuff etc) .....(I mod everything).....but when I went to VW shows they told me to drive to the watercooled section. At that point I knew something was wrong. I sold all the parts of the New Beetle and I got the 52. I actually wanted to get an Oval and was looking at one but was sold while I looked at it by someone else.
Well the shop had the 52 there.....I looked at it and said what the heck a couple of week later and bought it for my 30th birthday.

Porsche C2 rims were planned which I got and Kerscher brakes. Some might know I changed my brake setup 3 times to finally get 993 Twin Turbo ones at the front and 968 in the rear. The rims were changed to dynos which I could not find at that time. I am happy with that. I found more and more parts that were available in Germany that were neat and had superior technology and quality behind them. So I was selling my old parts to a friend of mine that is building a 57 Oval.....(57mutant) I got all the goodies. That is when I started to notice that most of the AC VW world here in teh US did not know about most of the parts.

You see....seeing stuff that is cool though better quality and neater stuff does not help the budget at all. At the moment I think that the most important thing to me is to get that darn car finsihed. It has been 2.5 years already and if I am very lucky I might finish it late next year.
We see,

Alex