View Single Post
Old August 24th 2006, 09:32

Select Klasse Car Requirements

While NO_H2O is giving my car new guts, I revisited the VKG site to look at the requirements for a Performance Klasse car and a Select Klasse car. A few questions came to mind.

The first question is for the "Body" category. Shouldn't there be point(s) awarded for air-dams, spoilers and such? I was rather surprised that adding the Kamei spoiler would help my 1302's performance and not be worth at least one point.

The second question may belong in the "Engine" category but it came to mind when I saw fire extinguisher in the "Interior" category. Shouldn't there be points awarded if one has a fire suppressant system in their engine bay? I don't have this -- yet -- but it is now on my to-do list after my visit to Summit.

And finally , will somebody be at Toccoa to see if I get two points for "fit and finish" in the "Body" category and at least one point for the same in the "Interior" category. If so, I will have the necessary points for my 1302 to be a Select Klasse car as it is already -- not that would stop me from continuing with my to-do list.