View Single Post
Old February 20th 2007, 11:58

Saying the shifter upgrade is a night-and-day difference is almost understating it. It is so solid and smooth, why it has me grinning that grin I'm sure you remember.

A subtle thing about it I also like is I don't have to stretch forward to grab first or third. All gears are comfortably within reach.

Mine is listed as a 40% reduction. I can't even begin to imagine what a 60%'er would be like. It might be too much ... or too little depending on the perspective.

It was suggested I should black-out the surround on my speedo now. I'm digesting that advice for the moment.

The tach works most of the time. The weather backlogged my shop and they got the filter changed and the Royal Purple in the veins as well as the above-mentioned installs. As you can see, it idles at 600 in the cold. After it warms a bit, it idles around 800-900. They will look at the tach more closely the next time they see it.

I haven't forgotten about the light. I'm still conceptualizing where to put it. Maybe I will have a decision by the next time I see you. :agree: