View Single Post
Old May 29th 2007, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
You will have to show it off in Manassas this spring
I was there on Sunday. I was parked next to Granny Smith Apple Green (my name for it) GL 1302. It looked spectacular. I didn't get to chat with the owner. He was constantly wiping every gram of pollen off of it.

Mine was washed. When I got there I wiped off most of the bazillion dead bugs but that's all. Seems like every time I go to Nissan Pavillion, too, I have to clean off the mass grave of insects. Is that why they call it BugOut?

I had to leave at 2, but I got to see all of the cars and all of the vendors. The drag races were still going on when I departed. I'm not sure I understood the scoreboard. It didn't hold my interest anyway.

I was surprised to see a lot of good deals on cars being sold. By good, I guess I mean fair prices for condition, etc. There were at least five cars I would have purchased if I were in the market.

Sorry, no pics. I didn't think to take my daughter's camera. I have ten gigs of jpg's and gif's to purge off my hard drive, so maybe that was in the back of my mind. Or, I was just forgetful. I didn't take an umbrella either.

My 1302 drove like a champ. I took it to my father-in-law's birthday -- an hour-plus drive each way -- the day before plus the nearly two-hour drive to Manassas. I am happy to report I got a genuine 27 MPG while driving between 70 and 80 MPH most of the way.

I averaged 29.0 on the return trip from Georgia after the engine/transaxle install by DTM. Except for a couple of spirited moments, I was maintaining a pedestrian speed of 55-65 then. That calculation took into account the tire size change but it assumed the speedo was accurate to begin with -- something I did not verify. My current speedo is calibrated specifically for my car and driving through unmanned speed traps have verified its accuracy. I am tending to believe the 29.0 is close to being correct, although Sammy Hagar is coming to mind about maintaining that speed ever again.