View Single Post
Old March 15th 2016, 09:21

Not much to update, but I keep finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes. I was finding pinholes here and here that I went back and plug welded them and then uncovered a lot of weak metal spots on the underside of the cab I'll have to get back to later after I get the right paint to coat the inside of the frame.

Did a test fit of a shelf yesterday for setting beer on at car shows, etc. The bigger one mounted here I bought maybe 4-5 years ago because I liked the steampunk feel to it. I don't plan on making the interior of the bus completely steampunk, just a few things here and there. So fast forward about a month ago, and I bought the two smaller shelves in a secondhand store here in Houston. They match! I'll mount those in the back on either side of the bench seat.

I'm cutting my teeth learning the new (to me) lathe. I started by cleaning up the centering piece on the tail stock. I then cut down the round rod for the spike center caps into a more manageable piece to work with.