View Single Post
Old March 5th 2012, 15:33
Administrator

lol. I always thought it was Wally's thread that kept the site running! As for the Urethane colour, I was thinking black...but perhaps red will be the way to go. The rally shop is heavily subaru based, so hopefully they stock more then blue!

Didn't accomplish too much yesterday. I got the other fender liner in, but it doesn't fit as tightly as the first one. Can't decide if I should leave it removable for now or make another one that is so tight I can't remove it...

On the positive side of things when I determined the cause of my brake issues I ordered another master cylinder. When Rob at AVR inquired as to why I needed another one, he instantly offered a no-charge replacement. Didn't even want the old one back! I had painted the case with POR15, so I wasn't expecting a replacement, this was a nice bonus for sure! With the new master swapped over and a bleed done one-man, I already have more pedal then I did before. The pedal rod is adjusted correctly, as is the pedal stop, but I still have a fair bit of movement before any pedal pressure. Probably 2" worth. Will need to bed the pads in and two-man bleed it before I call them "okay".

Finally got around to swapping the carbon fiber so it matches the shift knob...

And cleaned up the shop a bit (for which you don't need photos :P)

Tonight will be a night off, and then back at it on Tuesday.

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap