View Single Post
Old May 14th 2010, 16:02

I had mine custom made, it fits behind the spare tire well and in front of the frame head, only possible with the suspension I have.

Ducting is a HUGE part of cooling, and even though my radiator is relatively small, it hasn't been a problem with cooling, mostly do to ducting, as the radiator never sees clean air tucked up under the front end.

Excuse the ugly gun barrels... but this scoop gathers up a lot of air and forces it through the rad.

The other issue not mentioned here is BLEEDING the system. If there are air bubbles trapped it doesnt matter how big the rad is or how well it is ducted. Here is my bleed area on the high point up front.

Here's where I ran the coolant lines. They are in air flow so they aid in cooling, are easy to get to and protected

This is how the lines are currently attached, in the previous pics I had just mocked them up. This method is really simple and effective, I used a Dremel and a cutoff wheel from the inside to create the slots to run the hose clamp through.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S

Last edited by volkdent; May 14th 2010 at 17:08.