View Single Post
Old June 16th 2005, 00:44

Excellent work Sandeep. I would like to see how those mods held up in a higher load arrangement, what is your gearing??? Tire size"?

#1 is generally, no matter what is done the coolest cylinder- This holds true on all shrouds except the stock TI doghouse which robs its air for the oil cooler from just above #1 and heats it up 20 degrees in my testing.

#1 and #2 are on the same tangent as the fan so you have increased pressure and volume there, but normally the FAT shroud bakes #2 and freezes #1, but the smallest engine I have used for the testing was a 2270. I would be interested in seiing the plenum pressures associated with the shroud with these mods compared to what I saw here. Do you have an old Boost gauge laying around that will go to 15 PSI??

Your temps are pretty close together now and definately acceptable, as far as the deltas between the cylinders, but your stock engine is still running 25 degrees hotter than Zens 2316.... BUT it's DTM cooled.. LOL

I really like your work on the shroud, it makes me want to speed up my development and get to the 911 shroud faster, but it won't happen till 2007 at this rate.

Like I have said all along, the 911 shroud is not horrible, but off the shelf none of them have touched a DTM, and Sandeep is proving that as well as the fact that they can be made to work if you have the instrumentation and time to make the mods.