View Single Post
Old June 16th 2005, 10:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
Excellent work Sandeep. I would like to see how those mods held up in a higher load arrangement, what is your gearing??? Tire size"?
I'm using stock 914 gearing and using a 265/35/18 ZR 18 rear tire on an 18"x10" wheel ... that sucker with tire weighs 52 lbs. I'm also using a 930 rear rotor (309mm x 28mm) so I'm thinking that adds some additional load when compared to a beetle 165/80/15 rear tire and drum brake setup .. not sure how much more though or if it is significant.

Quote:
I would be interested in seiing the plenum pressures associated with the shroud with these mods compared to what I saw here. Do you have an old Boost gauge laying around that will go to 15 PSI??
No I don't but that is a good idea ... I will see what I can find at JJB 2005 on June 26th in the swap meet. How should I hook the hose up as I've never used a boost gauge ?

Quote:
Your temps are pretty close together now and definately acceptable, as far as the deltas between the cylinders, but your stock engine is still running 25 degrees hotter than Zens 2316.... BUT it's DTM cooled.. LOL

Like I have said all along, the 911 shroud is not horrible, but off the shelf none of them have touched a DTM, and Sandeep is proving that as well as the fact that they can be made to work if you have the instrumentation and time to make the mods.
The DTM is the King of cooling, you've proven that already. I'll be taking my heads to Mark this winter for a refreshing and the jugs for a light hone ... I'll be looking for a RAT cam/lifters then as well ... maybe by then I can make up that 25F

Sandeep