View Single Post
Old December 27th 2009, 22:34

Question...

I'm thinking about an Ej20t or Ej20Tt conversion for my '61 bug, i found some nicely looking and good priced engines in New Jersey(ebay.com) under 1000$... but without ECU. Ofcourse no wiring... what do you guys think would cost me an aftermarket... or original ecu if I can find one, for a 96-98 legacy or impreza engine. I'm thinking about the TT engine, I'm interested, because now I'n in USa, and I want to buy the engine from here, and send it to Romania, my home country, and continue to work there on the car, but I want to buy what I need, when I'm here... knowing about the things I should know. And the other question... what do you guys think about the CSP pro street transmissions? Would one of those work for a 200-220 HP scooby... with normal usage? I've seen around here guys running on bug trannies... maybe not for long Just questions... and about the brakes... if I would use a stock engine, not tuned... new disk brakes... would be enough? not porsche... and other expensive things... because i'm on bugget... and tryibng to get it working... not loosing it in details...