View Single Post
Old December 3rd 2008, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd View Post
I can dig that.
So given that I drive a VR6 Corrado (to be honest, thrash its wheels off) as a DD I have a specific expectation of my brakes. to that end I wonder if your a spirited / late braking driver that loves getting deep into an apex with a little trail brake? Do you ever drive with left foot braking? Also can you confirm your brake setup by listing its parts from MC to Calipers including Pads and caliper side-lines?

What brake lines are you running from MC to Caliper Line?

As well, by "VERY High" pedal do you mean that it takes just a tiny input for a grand output? and can you define the base of "Tiny" meaning, 1/8" throw / 1/4" throw / 1" throw?

thanks for any insights...
Toooo many qqquestions

I could list everything (most I have already in other threads tho), but i think it won't help you or others. My conclusion is that everybody's set-up is so different, that no generic conclusions can be drawn from one persons car.
I only know that just 944 n/a rear disks with stock disk set-up on the front (us 'ghia' disks), everything else stock, works awesome and is still the best balanced i've encountered.

But if you must know: front 330x28 with GT2 (yellow) rear calipers with stock front 964 pads. Rear 300x24 with 993 rear calipers, stock pads. Rear cups in the 993 calipers are bigger (!) than the (rear)GT2 ones I have on the front axle, but still lock up on the front first! My weight balance is also very towards the front for a beetle. Its about 44-56%.
I have a Tilton bias regulator but its all up to give max pressure to the rear, though I suspect it already gives a reduction to the rear even if its lever is in the max flow position

By very high pedal I mean like just 1/64 throw or s/th. But I have braided stainless all around.

Unfortunately I don't do left foot braking and can't do heel-toe with my stock pedal-set.

Hope this helps you (but I doubt it as I don't understand either yet...)

Regards,
Walter