Thread: Holy Fak !!
View Single Post
Old April 22nd 2003, 20:26
Administrator

Talking Holy Fak !!

ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!

I took the bug out for the first drive this evening !!! I don't know why I had that type 1 for so long .. this stock engine is amazing.

2.0 Type 4 stock (GA code) with 44 IDF's, BAS Header, Dynomax Super Turbo 2 1/2" muffler and Fat 911 cooling.

I"M A BELIEVER !!!!! This thing is crazy ... It sounds a bit loud to my liking, not sure if its the carbs or the muffler. WHO CARES !!!

The 911 Fan sounds incredible ... its got this amazing whining sound .. reminds me of a 911

I can't believe the acceleration in all gears .. this car LOVES third gear. Any people are right when they say you don't need 1st to start... You DONT !

I tried some drag race starts but the car just kept popping out of first .. so I wont try that again.

I got the car up to 5000 rpm in third and got scared so I backed off... I DEFINATELY need some suspension tuning or an alignment. The car will keep accelerating until I take my foot off the gas pedal.

I didn't have the guts to check the speedo so not sure how fast I was going. Didn't want to take my eyes off the road.

The oil temps got to about 140 degrees and the oil pressure was at 40 psi, cylinder head temps were fluctuating between 350 deg and 150 deg... 350 when I stepped on it.

I think the people who are getting into a 2270cc engine are CRAZY :silly: I'd crap my pants of I went from a 1600cc into a 2270cc.

Definately need to tune the chassis and the suspension .. the car is too unstable for me .. funny how I could throw it around with the 1600cc type 1 but not this engine.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MEETING IN OAKVILLE

Anyone who wants a ride when we are there is welcome !

Oh yeah .. one other thing .. the drum brakes are USELESS with this engine .. I have the Porsche binders and wheels/tires in the basement but no cashola left for the fenders I need to complete Oh well .. theres always winter 2003 !!

Sandeep