View Single Post
Old February 25th 2006, 01:01

Just a few random thoughts.

The idea I was trying to pan out, was running straight aluminum pipe till the pan starts to curve. then run SS braided lines. but I found the SS lines are expensive. I thought this would work since I didn't have means of bending pipe. Since then I'd rather rent a bender than buy the SS lines.

People say sheild the pipes. I don't remember the last time I felt rocks hitting the bottom of my car. Bottoming out the car? Has anyone that doesn't drive a lowrider bottomed their car out? I have never.

Wouldn't 1/16th wall thickness be strong enough? 1.5 OD - 1/16th wall thickness = 1-3/8 ID. (1/8th for both walls)

I had what I would almost call, a vision. I saw the pipes running together under the car like the picture above. (Tom'72's) but put a peice of C-channel. On top, as a cover. Almost like the C-channel I used to hold my radiator. but with differant dimentions.

I want to plan this out carefully, so if I need to do something, like change transmissions, pull the engine, change beams. what ever I want, it won't take an act of congress to get the water lines and other obsicles out of the way.

Please excuse the rants. That's one reason I started this thread, So I can ask any question or say almost anything (about the subject) and not feel like I'm hyjacking.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...