View Single Post
Old April 15th 2006, 11:26

new guy

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this cool site, I have been checking out this site for a while now, but never felt the urge to post, untill now, I am a 40 year old father of two, I have a fabrication shop in Bogota, Colombia, I do restorations on Barndoor buses ( buses from 1950 to march of 1955), we also restore convertible beetles (from 1958 to 1967), and convertible KarmanGhias (from 1958 to 1969), and ship them to clients abroad, I have always been a "modified" car type of person, I grew up in SoCal, (ex lowrider), I was also into Porsches, owned a couple of fast versions. I am an ex Marine aircraft mechanic), also worked in the aereospace industry in SoCal (Douglas,Northrop,AmericanAirlines). I finally joined this forum because I am doing some research for a couple of Suby powered projects, we at the shop are thinking of doing a scratch built, WRX sti powered, 1953 15 window deluxe VW bus ,with a porsche G50 tranny, a full Porsche 993 or 996 multi link rear suspension, with a 993 or 996 front suspension, we are thinking of running either Brembos or Porsche big reds for brakes, it will all be held together with a scratch built, custom rectangular tube chassis. We are also thinking of doing something similar with a convertible 1958 KarmanGhia "lookalike". We think this would be good publicity for the shop, and I really love doing **** that other people say it's impossible to do. Again, glad to part of this forum, and I hope to learn a ****load from you guys, BTW if any of you need fabrication services, we do it all when it comes to sheetmetal, thanks