Thread: Fender damage.
View Single Post
Old July 24th 2006, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVW
Wow, those look great. You did a fantasic job. I wish they came from the factory like that!
Mike
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle1303
Amazing fab skills as well as prep and painting skills. Well done. I wish i had space, time and these skills...
Congrats again
Chris
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
I'd give more than two thumbs up if I could ... wait a second ... never mind, that's not a thumb. Really well done!
OMG!! I peeing my pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug_A_bug
sweet job dude thanks for that Idea I'm putting my 69 in the body shop this work I may try that as well cheaper then Remmele CF (i wish) but this then this will be just fine great job though
Thanks! And keep us posted!

Thanks sooo much guys! It's your encouragement that keeps me going.

Say, have you ever noticed how one small thing mushrooms into a major undertaking?! In the direct mid-day sunshine yesterday the car looked pretty good. The paint wasn't a perfect match but then again I didn't expect it too. Well, this evening after work, I went down to the shop to see how well the paint had cured and to start work on the wiring and bumpers...BIG MISTAKE!!! I pulled the car out and in the evening sun those fenders aren't even close to matching! Looks like an old black and white police car! Well, never one to be satisfied, I've decided to respray the whole car. I was planing to do this next year but....I just can't live with the fenders being so far from matching the rest of the car! And not that there is anything wrong with that style (note the disclaimer) If my fenders don't match, I may as well make a "Rust Rod" out of it!
Damn OCD! And yes, all the labels on the oil cans in my shop are facing out! So stay tuned I'll probably start yet another thread on the progress of the respray.
Gotta run, I'm going down to the shop and start striping the car down.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by ccain529; July 30th 2006 at 15:14.