Thread: Fender damage.
View Single Post
Old August 20th 2006, 22:53

Will this ever end?!!!
I wasn't satisfied with the mono-color of the car and there were a few imperfections on the hood and roof that bugged the crap outta me. So, because I have no life, I decided to try something a bit different. I've never been a big fan of two-tone bugs, but I had some extra paint and figured that I couldn't screw it up any more than it is! I stole the idea from the cover of HotVW's because I liked the way it looked. The black that I used has small metallic and mica flakes that give off a burst effect when in the sun. And I chose yellow as a contrasting dividing line between the blue and black.
Eh...I think it looks OK. I'd still like to paint it yellow.
I wasn't going to repaint it a different color because I didn't want the extra work of painting the inside and under the hood and stuff.....Geeze! 3 months later, and all of that "extra work" seems like a cake walk. Yellow69 and I were talking one afternoon and she suggested I change the name of the car to Beelzebug! That fits because this little thing is the metal embodiment of Satan himself and has sure put me through hell!