View Single Post
Old May 7th 2012, 14:21

The old 944 CVs were clicking a bit and my plan was to upgrade to 930 CVs anyway. Here are the bits needed for conversion; new stub axles, I already had G50 trans drive-flanges, custom length axles (16 1/4") in 28 spline to match the CVs.

Here are the GKN CVs, I cleaned up the flanges that came with my gearbox but needed an extra pair. After getting up off the floor after being quoted £120 each from Porsche I found some cheaper options from prolinx.

CVs are being 'clocked' as this gives them the best alignment relative to each other, just like you do with a UJ.

All ready to go on the car

And fitted!

Clearance is very tight to the coil-over but is pass-able (this is worst case compression clearance). I spent ages trying to get some smaller motorsport CV boots from GKN only to find that they had stopped making the size I needed!

I've been asked so many times about my cooling system I've finally modified a schematic to show how it is all plumbed up. This system works perfectly, gets up to temperature fast and stays at a constant temperature. The other bonus is that I don't even have to bleed the system from an empty fill as it is completely self bleeding!