View Single Post
Old April 23rd 2006, 17:38

On my Subaru engine I decided to turn the intake around. In doing this I had to modify the stock alternator mount and find a new way to make the alternator adjustable. I managed to make the stock alternator mount work the way I wanted it to, by supporting the alternator on the right side of the engine. But I still needed an adjustable mount. I tried useing our plasma cutter, but it didn't work as good as I hoped. After glancing in my Summit catalog. I found an alternator bracket. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku I orderd that and my coil pack. I took the bracket yesterday, and after drilling 2 holes in it. It was mounted. It doesn't look too bad either. It's a little long right now. But I'll either cut it off later or use it to mount the EDIS sensor. I ran into two problems; First, I had to space the new alternator bracket away from the alternator and the alternator mount. If I didn't the new bracket would have hit the alternator. Second, I drilled the two holes over sized to allow more movement of the alternator. If you'll notice from the pictures as the alternator moves the bracket moves.

The first two pictures are the same, the alternator is as far away as it can go. and the last is as close as it can go. Tim will help me find a belt, and once I find a size I'll post it. I thought maybe I can drill the two holes a little bigger and get a little more movement, but I'll wait to see if I can get a belt first. I'll make sure I get two. That way if it breaks or wears out, I can replace it easy. I know the questions I'll get, "What kind of car is it on?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alternator Bracket 001 (Small).jpg (57.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Alternator Bracket 002 (Small).jpg (57.3 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Alternator Bracket 003 (Small).jpg (57.8 KB, 85 views)
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...