View Single Post
Old April 27th 2010, 08:00

Hi Alex,
From the catalogue I thing the Koni's are all inserts for the front, whether Classic or Sport. I would be surprised if either reference referred to a coil over strut.
If you have some serviceable 944 struts then putting coilover sleeves on is eminently practical and I can't see why you would bother with whole coilover units. Dimensionaly the 924S/944 struts are the same as the 1303 ones with the exception of the bulge at the top for the insert retaining nut and the generally thinner construction. As I said the whole 1303 kit fitted the 924S struts perfectly without mods.
the 944 top hats were a squeeze and drilling the extra bolt hole was not easy due to large drill casing but the end result works quite well along with the strut brace as you will see.
I kept the standard 110mm dia springs and I rely on the TCA and stub axle camber adjusters (I reckon that that is the best place for them for a whole shed load of reasons).
I will e-mail my photos to you as I am chronic at posting photos - if you wish to post them on my behalf please do.

Clive