View Single Post
Old December 28th 2004, 20:20

Smile

I have the APC seats in mine. My stock ones were practically pushing me out the door so then i got Rabbit GTI seats and had the bracket modified to make fit on the stock rails. Got sick of those being red (These i will give away to anyone whos local to the SF bay area if you want em) i couldnt move em back all the way to get enough leg room. (I'm 6'3) So i got the new JEG's catalog and saw the APC seats in there.. they were in my color scheme black/blue and were 149.99 with free shipping and of course no sales tax. To mount em i ordered brackets from Wedge Engineering. Those went on perfectly and perfectly into the rails with lots o legroom!! They are a little high up but i can deal with that. The seat is very comfortable and feels like a race seat my friend has in his camaro! Very solid! The only bad is that the shoulder bolster is a little wide.. so getting em past that pillar next to the window is kinda a PITA but im sure i can bend em or move that bolster in a little bit to make it work. But as my dad says.. a car isnt a car untill you get some seats in there..and my car is 100% more comfortable now with the new ones in there. I have a pic of the drivers seat in my profile as i was finishing the interior. Due to some shipping probs i didnt get the passenger seat till 2 weeks later. JEG's is excellent with customer service by the way! Now i just cant wait to drive it.
New seats make a world of difference no matter who makes em you will be glad new ones are in there!
Good luck!
- Scott