Thread: Any Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old February 27th 2010, 20:05

Any Thoughts?

I am currently talking to a guy about buying his 65 Beetle , and was hoping to get some thoughts on some ideas I have for it . I love the GL and the mechanics that they use , as in big engines with porsche trannies , bigger brakes , lowered all around , etc . But I also love a more stock look for the older car . The idea I came up with is to use a 914 FI engine built up to about 150-200HP with the 914 trans , aftermarket 4 wheel disc set up , and lowered all around . I was also thinking of having those brakes retain the 'wide-5' lug pattern and use 15X5.5 front and 15X6.5 rear BRM rims , and keep the outside looking mostly stock , with the exception of HID headlights and LED lights everywhere else . I am also thinking a cloth sunroof . I have a couple of original ideas that I won't divulge right now until I check into the practicality of them . I know this car won't be a 'true' GL , but I think it will have a bit of that sleeper look quality . Any other (reasonable) suggestions are welcome .