View Single Post
Old July 11th 2006, 23:13

Yeah, John Kelly has some mad skills.

Tim's nephew had the same idea. I think bettween cutting it off, and welding it on. It would end up being more work. I doubt I'd be able to make the welds look like anything either. And when I weld it, the metal is going to pull.

If I go with 7"s I will do to the rear what I'm doing to the front, after I cut the inner fender out. If I go with 9"s I'll make a new fender opening out of 3/8" square stock, then lay a new peice of sheetmetal on that and just make a whole new fender. I'll still have to shape it, but it'll be close and I can make the new fender almost any width. I'll need to at least gain about an inch from the middle of the fender forward, then a little more past that since the rear fenders turn in towards the rear of the car.

I won't be beating myself to death now. I have a palm nailer, I'm going to stick a 3/8" stainless steel carriage bold in it and use it like an automatic hammer.

I also bought a new rear apron, the peice of metal above the stock exaust tips, so I'll be messing with that soon. I'm going to have to either reshape it, or fill in the exaust tip cut outs. I won't be needing those at all. That's the only one they sell though.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...