View Single Post
Old January 4th 2012, 14:25

Thankfully, we are all different, what a bore it would all be if we were all doing the same thing, one weakness of the interweb, is it spawns copycat workmanship, but even this promotes our hobby if it enables ' less mechanically inclined' people to pull of a build they could not hope to do without the 'net help they can access thro great forums like this one, everyone has something to offer in my view, times have never been harder, most folk cant aspire to do the stuff we are doing, time wise or cash wise, like it or not most of our builds are big bucks, i think nothing of putting 200 hrs into a set of heads and manifolds, those i beat think i have an advantage, they've actually told me so, but i still have to put the unpaid hours in, down the cold w/shop over the hols ive found another 10 hp joking aside, would you pay me 100 hrs plus core for a set of heads? All i need to do what i need to do is 220 hp/195 ft/lb in 750 kg, it needs to run for an hour reliably, and do it all season long, how much would that cost if i had to buy it,? i don't know, but i know i'm lucky to be doing it, my chosen motor is the wasser boxer, because its very versatile and light, and we all know what outputs they are capable of, my 2.5 ran 350 plus hp back in the '80s, and was probably the first turbo wasser, so its having it easy now on carbs, anything weighing more than 1kg on the car get looked at hard, and if its not pulling its own weight it aint on there, even this, as an Okrasa kit motor, is priceless at replacement money i would imagine. i think we should all respect whatever builds are going on, the time factor we put in equalizes us all, no matter the chosen power plant.