View Single Post
Old May 13th 2004, 16:20

Thumbs up

I've worked in the parts dept in in the UK, not for VW but a Jap company.
I think it depends on how you see cars, as your on these boards I take it your a petrol head so it could be the job for you.
As for what area to work in within the dept you've (probably) got a front desk to deal with the 'public' they may have a separate desk for 'trade' customers, internally there will be a desk/area to serve the mechanics with the parts they need to service/repair customers cars, if the dealer has it's own body repair shop/centre there may well be a separate desk/area to supply body panels and any other items needed to repair the cars.
There may well be a number of people answering the telephones, again some for 'public' and some (usually a greater number) for 'trade customers, working along side the guys answering the trade lines there will be order pickers which collect together all the items required by the 'trade' customer either for pick up or delivery.
Then finally you have the delivery drivers, these are usually VERY PRETTY young ladies, why you ask.... there’s nothing better than a pretty girl delivering parts to guarantee you come back to this dealer.

Sorry for the long read but I hope this information helps you decide if this is what you want to do.

Good luck