View Single Post
Old July 24th 2009, 07:16

hydraulic clutch!!!!!

hi guys, for the life of me i cant find pics of anyone with a superbeetle pan that has pedals in standard location (with master cylinder/s going through the pan to under the fuel tank area) & im REALLY interested to know if anyone has achieved this in the limited space available, the only way i can work it out is if the inner & outer skin where the brake MC sits is cut out 7 modified so that you could sit the clutch MC right against the tunnel & have the brake MC moved over more, closer to the outside of the pan (RHD of course) then running the lines from the brake MC through the pan, would need 2x 15-20mm holes to suit the MC location, im tempted to try it, the standard pedals would need the pushrod position adjusted to suit obviously but im yet to see any reason why it wouldnt work other than needing to re-route the fuel line to the exit the other side, any thoughts/pics of various setups would be awesome, other alternative would be cut a panel from the bottom plate of the tunnel & mount a pushrod/MC inside the tunnel where the hook sits but im not keen on that idea, ive been staring at my floorpan with a kombi MC & my tie rods etc mounted onto it for the last hour or so & they are the only things i can think of....
Input would be REALLY appreciated, thanks again