View Single Post
Old August 3rd 2009, 12:07

Hi Steve,

I am surprised that dual m/cs are not allowed where you live, I can't think of any logical reason for banning them?? However, we all have strange construction and use regulations that are more often borne out of primitive technological theory/practice that is no longer applicable. (I wonder how you get on with foreign rally cars for example that will all inevitably have balance bar brakes and are used on the public highway between stages?and other temporary visiting vehicles)

I don't like the idea of fluid resevoirs low down in the position shown in the photos. Apart from a serious access problem filling/inspecting the fluid the whole resevoir/master cylinder is in a vulnerable area from road debris etc as the amount of crap that was sitting on the fillet plate of our 1303 super will testify to. Also, it is highly vulnerable from water ingestion on those rare occasions that we attempt through water splashes, fords and torrential down pours that we now have to suffer.

If the clutch and brake master cylinders are sited next to each other on the outside of the napoleans hat bulkhead then it would be wise IMO to site separate resevoirs on the bulkhead under the 'screen in full view under the bonnet so that they are easily monitored, filled and changed.

Clive