View Single Post
Old August 4th 2009, 05:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIDUB View Post
.....................[/IMG]
now i realise that a remote resi would be better but i doubt access will be all that difficult for me since the wheel well is non existant, besides how often do you change fluid? ..............
Once the body's in place I found access to be very limited with steering, damper, dual m/c and pipes all in the way - access being through the wheel arch only. I can't see how removing the spare wheel well will improve it with the steering rods and damper between the well and the m/c.
When I changed the little flexis on the resevoir pipes I found I could only get one hand and the tips of the other fingers in to do it so checking and filling a clutch m/c wil require bottles, tubes and mirrors and I would be paranoid about dirt entering the resevoir.
BTW I change my brake fluid every 24 months to maintain optimum braking. The difference with new fluid in is always noticeable (whether that is down to new fluid or the bleeding is debatable) and the ease of doing it with a simple pressure bleeder and the relative cheapness of brake fluid makes it a no brainer to being part of the normal maintenance schedule. In many ways it is quicker, simpler and cleaner than changing the engine oil. Besides, whats good enough for Ferraris and Porsches is good enough for me!

Clive