View Single Post
Old August 4th 2002, 22:17

If it makes you feel any better, VW dealers suck here too. I'm starting to lose faith in VW "service" as they call it. I asked a dealer near me to do a leak down test on my '96 VR6 GTI' which is burning 1 qt. of oil every 300 mi. or so, and he told me that that test was only for transmissions. I didn't know if he was joking or not. But he was serious. And that was the service manager. I pretty much called him a jackass and walked out. And forget about VWOA. VW dealerships will never see me again for "service" Every mag. I read always has something negative about VW service. I just hope they get it together when the Phaeton comes along. The way things are going now, they'll never be able to compete with the other high-line luxury/sport market. As far as the vehicles being made in Germany or Mexico. That's bull. There's no difference in quality as far as VW's go. Don't get me wrong I'd like to say different but I'd be lying. 2 of my friends have MK4 GTI's and they are crap. And were built in Germany. Same thing..... parts falling off, "we can't find the problem" is a common one. Like I said I'd like to say different but its the truth. VW better get it together. Take the money from the fancy commercials and start paying guys who know what they're doing. Gemany and Mexico.

"If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones