View Single Post
Old February 15th 2007, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAngel View Post
I dont think efi would increase (at leastnot substantially) hp from a well tuned carb system.
it will increase the power, or at least the same power(but not less) more than a well tuned carb, i'm not talking about a huge gain in power, i'm talking about "healthy" increasment of power, in a FI setup you have the fine-tune ability and feedback feature, that you don't have in any carb setup, even if you are a master in carb tuning and rejetting.

Quote:
But it does help reliability as it has less moving parts that can fail.
sure, but in other hand it increase the longivity of your expensive engine, beacause you have cleaner mixture without being too lean nor too rich, and both ofcourse reduce the engine life, specialy lean running.
and also when you add ecu-controled ignition like edis, your engine could never be more happier .

Quote:
Also if you have EFI & turbo, i don't see why would you suffer from drivability if properly set up. I do think you'll suffer if using carbs + turbo, but this may be negligible if the setup is perfect. I have read in both the samba, STF and VZi of people with small displacement turbo engines and love it... Im just looking for more torque.
if you have the ability and knowledge to install a well-built turbo setup, then go for it for sure, but you will have to blow-thru it if you want it to last and also if you don't want to add an extra fuel tank , blow it will make your tuning job easier and you will have the ability of controlling the ignition, and you know it's a must for turbo or you will have a pre-ignition problems, modifing or locking the advance in regular dist. will help, but again not like ecu controlled...
sorry for being a racist toward efi , but when you decide and build it, you will see what i mean...

Michael