View Single Post
Old April 19th 2009, 13:34

I can only re-iterate what has already been said so well in this thread. Dave and Sandeep have portrayed the situation exactly as it was and is. There is always more than one side to the story (or way to tell it), but I am perfectly fine with letting our reputations speak for themselves.

I think it says something that we each chose to give up administration of the site in the past for personal reasons (which still exist) and felt there was enough of an injustice being done to the community as a whole that we chose to step back in and get the situation corrected. And that it was done in less than a week (and to ensure credit is given where it should...that was ALL thanks to Sandeep's initiative). And btw, we still don't want admin responsibilities for the site, but are doing what is needed right now. Future stewardship selection will be handled much better than I handled the last one.

Tell me, who is honestly concerned about the GL community!

There is nothing wrong with someone making money off of sites like this. Not a thing and that is not what this is about. However, the conditions I handed over my ownership of the site (I don't care who started what, possession is 9/10ths of the law and EVERYTHING was under my name back then) were not met and it is obvious the communication to the masses has been greatly lacking. This ENTIRE thing could have been avoided with some basic communication and action to back it up. I don't have a BM degree (I have only been a chief architect proposing, obtaining funding, designing, budgeting, and project managing IT infrastructure solutions for a 300k user company for the past 10 years, also managed their entire risk management policies, processes and awareness programs and have/still headed several small businesses of my own in the music and technology industries on the side), but it seems to me that communication is a fundamental tenant of any business.

You don't get paid for a degree unless you are a professor...you get paid for performing in the real world.

It is unfortunate this has had to play out like it has. Time for the drama to end and the community to heal, reconnect and grow. I (and I'm sure most everyone) wish Superman the best in his venture. I won't be buying from there and I think he unfortunately has damaged his relationship with a large part of the GL community and the GL.com brand bad enough that others will make that same decision. Maybe with good communications, that can be overcome though.

I've noticed Superman hasn't been over here (or anywhere else) to share his thoughts. Hopefully he will do so. I'd do so on SBO!, but he charges something like $25 for access to those forums and the privilege to communicate there. Perhaps someone will extend and invite to him over there.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design