View Single Post
Old March 7th 2004, 23:03

well, well. where to start.

i had a bunch of the VKG guys come up on Friday with a huge helping hand to get my car together. what a great display of what a club is about and of friendship from friends and strangers. combined those guys gave me like 32 man hours in that one day. and we got it together enough that it was ready to roll. it was minus most of the fit and finish and some more desirable things (swaybars, passenger seat, pro alignment) but was good enough to get to Dyno Day.

got up saturday morning. did some systems checks and had to fix wipers and brake lights. all else looked good. then took it out for its maiden voyage. it was a light rain and wet everywhere which was a little scarey, but most checked out well. a little front heavy on the brakes in the rain (was better later in the dry). suspension was nice considering no swaybars.

then there is the engine...

Un-freakin'-believeable power

truly scarey kind of torque. i didn't want to work it too hard considering the wet roads and being cautious with all of the other systems. so i can only imagine what all it has in store.

just before getting to the event a lifter failed. mine was early in a batch that is since known to have some failures. this makes the third engine for jake alone and FAT has lost 7 i believe due to these lifters. it was just a long time before i had my engine installed.

jake was amazing (luckily he was at the Dyno Day). he immediately jumped on my car and was diagnosing. we dragged the car to a buddy's house nearby and pulled the engine and jake just took it home with him. raggs also lent me his truck and trailer to get my car home. you can't beat the people in this hobby.

jake is top notch and has truly shown and earned a great deal of respect. my engine will be back in shortly with a possible subtle change. we will see.

between no_h2o's car and mine, the GL definitely got some attention yesterday.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design