View Single Post
Old September 18th 2004, 02:52

Well i got the job to work on the beetle, its almost done (things go fast when you have the parts...) i just need to fit the bumpers, all the lights, trim, and some odds and ends and it drives...!

The shop is even nicer working at than first thought...the guys working there are so helpfull, nice. easy going and fun to be around. (and that odd as they are in there 40's-50's, and im only 18) but it works! its totaly cool.
The shop is fairly low key, time is not totaly stressed, work is not stressed. its a exelent working enviroment, time just seams to slip away when working there... its that nice (time flys while having fun!) Man!

So after i complete this beetle, i would be out of work at the shop... but not so fast, as im just about sure i can get hired by one of the guys as his "sidekick" kinda, to get things started. i talked with him today while buffing a 55 200 benz ( i offered to help when i was just hanging out today) and he just about comfirmed this.
After startig this beetle, they noticed im a dependable, good hard worker,with a passion for this stuff. he was even complenting me to my father (hes a friend of his to) on how i dont screw off like lots of other kids and how i just keep working... so FINALY some one recognizes this! and its paying off (So you kids out there reading.... Hint hint)

So hopfully this will take me some place, it allready has in a way.

I cant wait to start restoring the BMW Iseta they have that thing is so neat! (and oh so cute! TOTAL chick magnet :O)

Thanks for reading my rambaling brag :P
Later,
Jonathan

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing