View Single Post
Old May 17th 2010, 21:16

Ohh, basically here is the run down of what I have decided to do:

Interior:
New dash (standard gauges+tach, stock style except for a tach gauge sitting by the pillar)
New seats/panels (looking at one of the SCAT elite velour)
Harnesses
Basic sound system, hidden well though.
Seriously re-do the wiring
Roll cage

Exterior:
Painted bumpers
Re-restore the car (since the previous owner did an OK one, but its a bit botch)
Porsche wheels (don't know which ones to roll with- or how to mount them since I have the massive 5 bolt pattern)
Perhaps wider fenders

Engine:
SCAT 2332 kit
Dual 44 IDF's (or EFI)
Quiet dual glass pack exhaust
(more immediately is the 12v, alternator and the fuel pump)

Suspension:
Bilstein shocks
Sway bars if they make them for my car
Lower it about an inch
Transaxle rebuild (don't know what gearing)
Porsche 914 regular disks in front, if I cannot source these a basic disk kit all around.
*I am sure I am leaving crap out, this is just tentative

I would like to paint the beetle white, and use golden colored wheels, with a grey interior.
I don't want the thing to look super flashy, just clean and presentable. The engine I mentioned puts down about 140hp, which is enough for me I reckon, considering that my stock WRX puts down 180 and I have a blast with that thing.
After some serious (some serious pre-fall asleep thought) I realized that the best choice for auto-X would be a Manx, since they are way lighter and I could go more wild on it since I wont need it for a daily while I am in college.
One day I might throw a turbo system on, just for the boosty goodness, along with lower compression heads and stuff.

How's it sound so far?