View Single Post
Old January 10th 2004, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by njv
hi
first post to this but i thought id leave it a while before i did!!!

moderninity in summery and a lot to do with tuv germans have the autobahn and you can drive as fast as you like on the ever decreasing unlimited streaches of it .

so they want to fit big engines to do this there must be improvements by law elsewhere ie your brakes. everything done to a german car must have paperwork cerifiing its safty and up to which level ie these brakes allow you to run upto 150bhp and so on.

money! germans are odd things in how they like to look affluant to the rest of society and when do other people see you most when your out and about in your motor so spending absolutely rediculous amounts of money on it makes you apear to the outside that you are well off and beleive me this is important for some ! bragging rights if it cost more it must be better!!! doh.

i will take pictures at this years mai kaefer treffen in hannover it is a good meeting last year there was a lot of gl cars there allready and i saw the trend within germany moveing away from porsche wheels to more modern alloys and less porsche seats and a move towards light racing buckets and so on.

i myself very nearly got a set of 5x100 wheels instead of the c2,s ive got for the spring i may still run a set of pedrinis anyway as im concerned about the wheels weight even though ive got 4x 6 by 16 c2,s the smallest width there is i think there still 11/2kg heavier than the pedrinis i will probably end up running both sets throughout the summer changing when i feel like it.

the essence of it is a moveable feast modern performance parts put to use for saftys sake another is the clear lamps modern and as far as safty is concerend one of the best things you can do for driving at night is fit brighter clearer lights same go,s for the rear of the vehical as if you have to stop fast you want to let them behind you know you are.

gl unlike the cal look will continue to evolve and will not sit static and stagnate due to the germans impulse to do something creatively original with a new part.

i had some young lads ask me the other day why they hadnt seen this new model vw at the local dealership i had to explain that there dads probably did and they where a little surprised

dont let yourselves down guys by ever saying it cannot be a gl car as it doesnt have such and such dont bag and tag yourselves or be hard on others if they dont have what you consider to be the look its a damn none stagnating proliferating moveable feast of modern part application s.

yea baby.

I think this sums up EVERYTHING there is to say..................

Rob.