View Single Post
Old August 2nd 2012, 13:01

Didn't get as much done as I wanted but I also had to make a quick trip to the local speed shop for more header wrap. Got the wrap finished and spent too long getting the header in the bug. I had to pull one of the kafer brace bars to get the header in and once it was tight I could put the bar back in with barely any clearance.

Next up was the new turbo, wastegate, and a new -10 AN turbo drain line. The gold piece on the feed line of the turbo is the new .065" oil restrictor. Originally I was going to run a 90* -10 AN fitting directly on the bottom of the turbo but that made the fitting the lowest point on the back of the car. I ended up re-using the old 90* drain pipe piece, put a second 90* AN fitting on it and run the line to the passenger side of the sump so it tucks up a bit nicer now. The new turbo has a different "clocking" on the exhaust side so the old exhaust had to be cut up. It might remain a loud downturn until after the next event while i figure out how I'm going to route everything.

Lastly got the new manual boost controller in place until I get the megasquirt control figured out and put the wideband back in. I still need a small ntp plug for the turbo and put some new oil/filters in then it's ready to make some noise.