View Single Post
Old January 30th 2007, 07:01

IMO there is no need to get the c/w crank for a 1776 except if u plan on putting a turbo on it on a latter stage... Just balance the stock crank,rods and lightened flywheel and u will be fine (done this and came up to 6.5k rpm, with useful rpm up to 6k).

For carbs i use dual 40 webers, with velocity stalks and tall air filters. Carbs was a nightmare to jet after syncronizing them. Result is two jet settings. one foe winter one for summer...

For exhaust im using half of the collector from a Kadron system (like a single quiet pack/not so quiet ), custom made j tubes, as the rest of the collector and a 60mm group A style muffler.

Seriously, ditch the stock fuel pump, specially if u are on a hot area... it gets hot, wont suck enough fuel, lean mixture, preignition and bang there is a hole... I got a Weber carb pump fitted in the front compartment below the spare wheel (1303) so its a gravity fed one. U can run an extra oil breather line from a blocking plate on the stock fuel pump's hole...

Along with the petronix ignitor and wires get a 009 Bosch dizzy. IF u dont have a breathing system, there is a possibility, that oil will blow through the dizzy's o ring. it looks like the oil cooler has burst...(been there...)

Last but not least, get bolt on rocker shafts. I had a washer snaped and the noise is aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhghggh... i dont want to remember... Lucky though the was no damage, so i changed to bolt ons straight way

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL