View Single Post
Old July 19th 2004, 09:21

Thanks to all for the kind words. I will indeed take pics as well as pics in progress.

Taking care of minor things is Priority One.

Figuring out improved braking and handling while maintaining a degree of comfort is Priority One-A. This will take care of the stock wheels ... and my wife's dream of a movie set car. Uh huh. That's realistic.

Nothing I will do will be irreversible. The chrome -- I know, I know -- including the bumpers will stay as is. For now. Same goes for the stock engine (AE-code since I know that means something). The chrome is first rate and the engine is strong, so no rush to get the Type IV, or deciding on vujade's tech article on chrome versus chrome removal. By the time I get to c/f bumpers, I will be practically finished.

Then, it'll be ready for a 21st Century Sci-fi movie. LOL.

Steve C, here is the only active picture link of Cinnabar I could find. Please note: It is a 1996-only, VW Cabrio-only color; not 1997 as I mistakenly posted above. Also, it is a metallic. I don't know if Aussie paint codes are the same as they are here.

[edit] Image deleted because it was replaced by a stinking ad. I hope you got to see it. I'll post another if I ever see one again. In the meanwhile, I hope it stops raining here soon so I can take pictures of mine. [/edit]

It is brighter on bright days. It is eerily cool under street lights. One of the mods this Cabbie endured (besides the obvious) is the black interior, top and top cover. They were originally tan which looked awesome but soiled easily.

Last edited by oasis; July 24th 2004 at 04:11. Reason: Posted picture is now a huge ad (Sorry)