View Single Post
Old July 20th 2004, 14:10

The car came with only one key which fits the ignition and doors. I had a copy made. The lock company couldn't change the glove box or engine lid to use those keys, and wanted $80 to make a key for the existing units. Buying replacements will be much cheaper.

The rear window defroster works back to the window, but the grid is shot. So, a new rear window will have to be ordered and fitted.

The motor mounts are reportedly somewhat worn, but my guys say I can wait 'til I need a clutch as there is no urgency.

My guys criticized the rear gas shocks as being too stiff for that light of a car. I'm not sure if they are totally aware that the car will not remain stock forever.

Otherwise, they gave me a thumbs up for a good purchase.

Oh, when I was at the lock emporium, I realized the temporary tag fell off. I drove all day yesterday without tags on the front or back without incident. I did get "historic" tags which allows me to eventually use period piece tags. I would love to find a set of 1971-75 Maryland tags with "GL 1302" on it. LOL, yeah, right! I have tags from then but I'm holding out for something better.

I'm borrowing my daughter's Polaroid to take insurance pictures tonight. Hopefully, my wife will bring home the digital camera so I can post some "before" pictures.

Thanks for the kind words!