View Single Post
Old April 26th 2010, 14:01

Hey guys, the project didn't move very far last summer. I was having some tuning issues, ended up the MAF was really dirty and throwing everything off.

Then I was having oil pan issues, still am actually. The pan I was running originally had no baffles in it so turning or stopping under small g-forces I would lose oil pressure! I took it apart a few times and built some baffles into it, and I'm still not completely satisfied. Under hard braking it still has issues. I installed an oil accumulator (like an accusump) and it helped but I want that as a back-up and not a crutch.

I'm going to cut the factory pan down like the outfront motorsports pan and try that, the lost oil capacity is made up in the oil accumulator which adds 1.5-2L.

Then I can drive it like it was meant to be driven.

Anyway here are some pics from a carshow a few weekends ago. I didn't build the car to 'show', more to drive, but one of my goals was to enter it in this particular show because it was the show we went to growing up. Sort of a rights of passage for me to have entered a car in it, and ended up winning best modified VW!

Take care

Mike