View Single Post
Old March 8th 2005, 09:38

I would supergharge my engine SURELY (with turbo or g/roots tms) but Finnish law would not allow that....so I must have atmo-engine if I want to run golf-related engine on my beetle. Also 16v and 20v conversion is VERYVERY hard to get passed, but not impossible...

My fitment was strictly bolt-on. No problems whit that. With engine tilted as original golf etc I must open my engine lid some inches but when I turn engine straight I think the cam pulley will come under the licenseplatelight so I get it almos hided that way (need to make hole under that). All engine-box fitment parts are self-made.

Biggest problem would be throttlebodies and injectors fitted.... I think cylinder nr1 throttlebody will need a cutout to lid because I want it to be closed, not any 'cool****airkits' respected here.....

Oilpan is not a problem! I will make alloy pan...maybe IŽll use dry-sump oilsystem so it gives really much ground-clearance also!

I also have designed strengthening plate to reinforce the mainbearing caps...so it will be placed between block and oilpan....I may attach some photos latery if interested.

I looked some pics from gallery of your car......very nice packet is coming from there! I presume you are using a 930-wing to cover that G-gharger stuff and that......right? How much estimated horsepower is planned? What about transmission etc?