View Single Post
Old August 23rd 2006, 09:49

I'm so glad you and the fam are ok. And with that being said...this is the reason I try hard to never take a cab in NYC. The only times I do are when its pouring rain or really really hot. Taking the subway in the summer is like going into the bowels of hell (not that I know what thats like but I wouldnt be suprised if I find out one day ) Buses are not an option. You could walk to where you're going quicker than taking a stupid bus.
I actually don't really mind driving in the city though. My 1st time was about 10 years ago and I was scared out of my mind. Only because I didnt know where I was going. But now Im fine with it. I guess it would take something like this happenening to me for me to not want to drive there anymore. For now, I enjoy it. It's kind of exhilirating. I feel like a racecar driver having to weave in and out of traffic.LOL You have to drive like they do otherwise you're in trouble! I guess things would be different if I had children and had them in the car with me. I would probably avoid the city at all costs.
Anyway...I saw this post as I was browsing and felt the need to comment because I'm bored and eh! I'm a Noo Yawka and most of us just can't keep our mouths SHUT! You bein' from NJ and being so close to us wackjobs probably know that already
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdmc16
tough story man

i'll never live near new york, too many taxis and too crowded
Living near NYC isnt a big deal. I live near NYC and its not any more crowded than any other suburban area..or maybe it is and I'm just used to it. It's living IN NYC that most people who aren't into crowds and traffic and noise wouldnt enjoy. I happen to be a very flexible person and could probably live anywhere.

Again, LOAF, I'm glad you are all ok. Those NYC cab drivers are nuts. I would rather get on a tiny plane than ride with one of those idiots!

Last edited by Yellow69; August 23rd 2006 at 10:02.