View Single Post
Old March 13th 2012, 13:47
Administrator

Hi Clive, you got it! Outer lamps will be fog pattern and the inner two will be driving. My preference is actually to have Pencil beams on the inside with driving pattern on the outside, as we don't get the extreme fog banks that you guys get. But pencil beams are no longer available, and I'm working with the lens patterns I already have All the lights are dipped off the factory high-beam switch, but each of the 3 sets (stock high, fog, driving) are independently selectable on the dash. The top three toggle switches are the lights. Stock high, Driving and Fog lights. When these toggles are up, the lights turn on with the factory high beam. When they're down, flipping the factory high-beam switch won't turn them on. This allows me to be legal in BC when driving on public roads (only four white or yellow front mounting lights allowed), drop down to just fogs in crap weather, use only factory highs if the lights are covered or light up the night sky with all six!

If I had mounted the 220's, I would have used some lamp steadies...but I've never found them necessary with Hella 4000's or 6" and smaller lights. I've only replaced a single bulb in 10 years!

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap